1. These terms and conditions apply to any use of the Poetry Book Society site. The Poetry Book Society may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. If we do so we shall inform you by placing a notice on the Poetry Book Society site. When you order goods, the terms that apply shall be those that you accepted when you placed your order.
2. Any infringement of the Poetry Book Society's rights will result in appropriate legal action. If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
3. Contracts between you and the Poetry Book Society shall be governed by English Law and all disputes shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. All payments must be in pounds sterling.
4. No contract shall exist between you and the Poetry Book Society until the Poetry Book Society has accepted your order by sending you an email confirming shipment of the goods to you. This acceptance will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you whether or not you have received that email.
5. The Poetry Book Society shall deliver the goods ordered to the delivery address you supply. All delivery times on the Poetry Book Society site are estimates only based on availability, normal processing and delivery time. Please bear in mind that books may have to be ordered from publishers. The Poetry Book Society is usually able to fulfil orders within 10 working days, often less. If, after this time, the Poetry Book Society is still unable to fulfil the order we shall email you to see if you still wish to proceed. Despite our best efforts, occasionally a title will be incorrectly priced. If a title's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and send you the book. If its correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, contact you for instructions before despatch. The Poetry Book Society may deliver items in an order separately but we shall charge you for postage and packing on the first delivery only. We reserve the right to amend the method of delivery where one or more items in an order have already been despatched using the chosen method. Risk of damage to, or loss of, ordered goods shall pass to you at the time of delivery.
6. When ordering goods from the Poetry Book Society for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches its specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from the Poetry Book Society, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers to be aware that cross-border deliveries may be subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
Returns and refunds
7. Goods can be returned to the Poetry Book Society for exchange or refund within 30 days of delivery to you. If you wish to make a return please email email@example.com with details of your returns request. You shall be responsible for the cost of returning goods and the goods must be returned to the Poetry Book Society unused and in undamaged condition.
8. In cases of faulty, damaged or wrongly supplied goods you should email firstname.lastname@example.org and returns instructions will be sent to you. The Poetry Book Society shall pay the cost of return. The Poetry Book Society shall use reasonable efforts to replace faulty, damaged or wrongly supplied goods but if this is not possible the Poetry Book Society's only obligation is to refund the full amount paid by you. This does not affect your statutory rights.
9. Any communication between us shall be by email or first class post to our current email address or postal address, or from us to the email or postal address given by you in your order form, or as subsequently amended by you.
This site is for information only and its content is supplied on an 'as is' basis only. The Poetry Book Society has used reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of this site but makes no warranty, express or implied, as to the nature or accuracy of any material on this site and cannot accept liability (including liability for any indirect loss or loss of profits or turnover) for any particular material or the result of any use made of it.
Except as specifically stated on this website, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither the Poetry Book Society nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of, or damage to, property and claims of third parties. Price and availability information may change without notice.
Copyright and acknowledgements
The Poetry Book Society website is protected by copyright, intellectual property rights and other similar rights. The site is published by the Poetry Book Society and may only be reproduced and viewed on an individual CPU for private, business or institutional use for the purposes of placing an order with the Poetry Book Society, or as a shopping or information resource. Single hard copies only may be printed for private, business or institutional purposes. Otherwise, it is not to be reproduced, transmitted, modified or made available on a network without prior written permission of the Poetry Book Society. All other rights are reserved.
Bibliographic records and book descriptions, with the exception of customer reviews and the content pages supplied by the Poetry Book Society, are supplied by Nielsen Book Data Ltd and are the copyright of Nielsen Book Data Ltd or its affiliates. These records are to be used only in connection with the site for the purpose of selecting and purchasing the books or other media displayed on the site. Copyright in images of book covers is reserved by the original copyright holders. Images are displayed and/or made available on the strict understanding that they are used only for the purposes related to the promotion, sale and supply of books or the other publications to which they refer.
Poetry Book Society is a trademark of the Poetry Book Society and www.poetrybooks.co.uk is its registered website domain name. All brand names, product names and titles used in this site are trademarks or trade names of their respective holders. No permission is given in respect of use of any of the above, and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Links and Framing
The Poetry Book Society encourages links to its site. Without the prior written permission of the Poetry Book Society all links must be to our home page at www.poetrybooks.co.uk. The Poetry Book Society cannot be held liable for access to any site that is linked from or to www.poetrybooks.co.uk or for misinformation and inaccuracies on that site. Any framing of this site is prohibited without the prior written permission of the Poetry Book Society.
This notice is made by the Poetry Book Society:
Poetry Book Society
The Dutch House
307-308 High Holborn
Tel: 0207 8317468
Fax: 0207 831 6967
Registered charity number: 313753
Company no: 527070
VAT registration no: 239 6877 06